- 1 How do I install TurboTax on a second computer?
- 2 Can TurboTax be shared?
- 3 Can I move TurboTax to another computer?
- 4 Can I install multiple versions of TurboTax?
- 5 How much is TurboTax at Costco?
- 6 Can you use TurboTax without a CD drive?
- 7 How do I transfer my H&R Block software to another computer?
- 8 How do I transfer my TurboTax files from Windows 7 to Windows 10?
- 9 Can I install the software on a second computer?
- 10 Can you file two years of taxes at the same time?
- 11 Can I use older version of TurboTax?
- 12 Can I uninstall old TurboTax versions?
How do I install TurboTax on a second computer?
How to Transfer TurboTax From One Computer to Another
- Close all programs on the new computer.
- Insert the TurboTax CD into the optical drive of the new computer and then click “Run setup.exe.” If you downloaded your copy of TurboTax online, double-click the installer.
You can complete and file tax returns using the TurboTax software for anyone, it is not limited to family. However, you cannot use the software if you are being paid to prepare the tax returns as the software is not licensed for paid tax preparers.
Can I move TurboTax to another computer?
You cannot transfer the TurboTax program directories and run them on the new computer. You have to install the TurboTax software on the new computer from the CD or a download.
Can I install multiple versions of TurboTax?
Can I install two turbotax downloads on one computer (to save on multiple state returns)? No, you can only install one personal program per computer. You will get errors if you attempt to install a second program and the program will not operate.
How much is TurboTax at Costco?
Here is a price comparison TurboTax Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business editions at Costco and online: TurboTax Deluxe at Costco: $51.99. TurboTax Deluxe Online: (w/ coupon) $49.99. TurboTax Premier at Costco: $62.99.
Can you use TurboTax without a CD drive?
You can still install TurboTax if you don’t have a built-in or external CD drive. Then, contact us and a Support Representative will push a download into your TurboTax account. Once that’s been done, simply sign in to My Downloads to download your TurboTax software.
How do I transfer my H&R Block software to another computer?
Unfortunately, you can’t transfer H&R Block to a new computer from an old one. While you can transfer your prior-year and current-year tax files, you can only install or uninstall H&R Block software, not transfer it.
How do I transfer my TurboTax files from Windows 7 to Windows 10?
Transfer Prior year Returns to Windows 10
- Make sure your new computer has TurboTax installed on it.
- Connect a thumb drive or other portable device to your old computer.
- Copy or move your tax data file to the device.
- After copying, disconnect or eject the portable device and connect it to your new computer.
Can I install the software on a second computer?
Most software is limited by license as to how it can be used. You can, however, use this software on more than one computer. It’s simple, but you do need to pay attention to the legal requirements. There could be a limit that prevents you from doing exactly what you plan.
Can you file two years of taxes at the same time?
Yes, you can. You will need to file the income from each year, separately. A tax return for each year of income that you need to report.
Can I use older version of TurboTax?
Unfortunately, no you can not use an older version to file this year’s taxes. Each year requires it’s own version. Here is information on how you can get this year’s TurboTax.
Can I uninstall old TurboTax versions?
Yes, you can uninstall your previous years TurboTax software. If you have purchase your software directly from TurboTax, then you would still be able to download your software for up to three years past the year of the software, by signing into MyTurboTax.com.